"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Warrior

The rush
Back and forth and back and forth
The wind in your hair
The cold kiss on your bare arms and breast.

The creak
The spin
Tip your head back and cry.

Can you feel that?
I've always wondered...

If you were here,
Would you nod,
Smile

And say yes,
Sweetheart,
I feel it.

But you're never here
And I never ask.

I never do things halfway
I cannot like
I love or hate.

You must be content with
One or the other
Just as I must be content with neither.

But I can't explain away the way I feel.

Inspired by 'Warrior' by Converse: Plug In Colour  

No comments: