"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, September 10, 2012

heartstrings (science & art)

and my heartstrings are your harp
my soul, your muse
my body your canvas

and every flinch
every sigh
every touch and kiss

is your experiment
your game

why and when and how and what

even though you tower over me
hold me in your arms like a child

i can see your babywonder
and your infantcuriosity
in your childlikeyes.

i can hold you for eternity
with wonder, with fascination, with awe
you are a prisoner of your own fantasies
and poisoned by my mysteries

it is the most violent art
and dangerous science
that you love me.

my heartstrings are your harp
my soul, your muse
i am your prize, your passion, your possession

but the crown is on my head
for i am becoming your obsession.

Click here for a discussion of heartstrings (science & art)

No comments: