"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, June 21, 2013

speak now #2: comments and commentary

Now Playing: Over the Love by Florence + the Machine (ever since I was a child I've turned it over in my mind)

So as you all know I have a pretty strict commenting policy, which really hasn't been put to much use now since NOBODY FUCKING COMMENTS.

I mean seriously, people, I know you're there and I don't bite. Much. Well. You'll like it, I promise ;).

I know commenting has been slower since I started moderating comments, which is part of the reason why for the first couple of years of blogging I didn't moderate comments: that and the fact that I am a muppet and didn't know how to. I think people are intimidated by that, or feel like I'm monopolising conversation, but I'm really not. I'm just protecting myself and all of you.

My moderation policy is as follows for this series - it is slightly more extensive than my moderation policy for my other posts:

1. I will not publish comments that include names, addresses or other personal information

2. I will not publish anything I consider to be malicious or abusive towards anyone or any group of people.

3. I will not publish incomprehensible banana pecan lollipops GENGHIS KHAN.

4. I will not publish any comments that I consider to be irrelevant and excessively personal, such as:
   - How many people have you had ... with?
   - Would you ever do...?
   - What does your (body part/person/object/etc) look like?
I won't publish these questions because they are inappropriate and don't really contribute anything to the discussion.

5. This isn't an advice column so you can ask questions like 'could you please discuss polyamory?' or 'can you include more articles about body image?' but I'm not going to give situation-specific relationship advice. Mostly because my relationships are either nonexistent or disasterous so I am probably not the best person to give advice on that.

6. I am not a doctor, or a qualified teacher, or a counselor, or a detective. I can't give you medical advice, medication or psychological therapy, or track down your loser ex boyfriend

7. I reserve the right to refuse to publish any comment.

All that being said, I don't want you to be...afraid of commenting. Like seriously. Comment. Even I sometimes run out of things to say.
 
Stay tuned and stay beautiful!

PREVIOUS SPEAK NOW


No comments: